Christmas demands just two things to keep me sane, booze and cake. Actually that’s year round isn’t it? Okay, so howsabout for Christmas we merge our two favourite things and create….. Christmas cake vodka! Sounds good!
A lot of effort may go into making a Christmas cake, but Christmas cake vodka is really easy and really tasty. Basically what you are making is a vodka infused with all the flavours and aromas of Christmas, you can alter the recipe as you see fit. For instance, we’re using real almonds and vanilla essence, you can if you prefer use vanilla beans and almond essence – you get the picture.
Here’s what you need:
1 bottle vodka (one litre/700 ml)
1 tbsp dark muscovado sugar (refined sugar cane also called Barbados sugar if you can’t find it use brown sugar to taste)
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 cinnamon sticks
1tbsp mixed spice
50g almonds, roughly chopped
peel from one large orange
peel from one lemon
1. (If you have the time, do this step two months before drinking.) Throw all ingredients in a large container and seal or cover with plastic.
2. If you have two months prep, turn or stir mixture once a week, if you only have a week or so before beverage is required, stir everyday or every other day.
3. On day of consumption, strain mixture through very fine sieve or coffee filter paper, squeezing to remove all liquid.
4. Pour into bottle, screw on lid and place in fridge.
5. Save all removed fruits and fold into ice cream for a very alcoholic Christmas dessert!
There you have it, a really easy way to bring the festive season into your usual vodka tipple, enjoy and remember to always drink wisely!
No related posts.